Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Post-Holidays, but still busy

I wanted to put up pics of all the Christmas presents I made for friends and family, but....
I forgot to take pictures before I gave the things away. Moron.
So, instead, you'll have to be satisfied with a list of what I made:
1) a lovely RagTime scarf, which turned out loads better than my first one did.
2) Pink Purse, which I almost wish I'd made into a felt project. Felting = fun. But I really adore how this came out and hope the recipient does too.
3) another Dia scarf, for mum this time.
4) Big Pimpin' Hat for buddy Josh.
5) Chunky Monkey scarf (it's very warm).
6) Shut yo' Keyhole scarf - a 'keyhole' scarf for my brother.
And here's one that didn't make it in time for Christmas, but was still made with lots of love:
Grandma's Head Cozy

This progress shot ain't great but shows the diagonal rib stitch pretty well - I loved it! It looks quite elegant, but was so damned easy that it felt like I was cheating. I couldn't knit in the round, sadly, because I lacked the funds to buy new circular and DP needles. So I had to settle for flat knitting.


And done! This is my stupid test shot, but then the camera batteries died, and I had to present the hat to Grandma shortly after. No time for a photographic fashion show!

The pattern is from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting, by the way. I substituted the suggested superwash yarn with Lamb's Pride Worsted because that's what I had, but I think the superwash wool would have looked much better.
That's all I have right now. I have several projects going, but I can't seem to focus on one main one. I keep bobbing from one to another in a bored fashion, but I'm not bored! I can't stand the thought of putting any of these projects into hibernation!

No comments: